[Triumph Motorcycle club] Re:Social functions now muscle cruisers

  • snslawr
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2007
      Yep Victory dared to make a V-twin that doesn't sound like a Harley
      but sounds good in its own right, unlike some Japanese efforts which
      have been described by rag writers with such endearing terms as "a
      hippopotamus farting under water."

      However if you're willing to give up the Harley sound to get a
      cruiser with breathtaking acceleration, anything Victory makes might
      as well be badged a Surrender compared to Triumph's muscle cruiser.

      --- In triumphmotorcycleclub2@yahoogroups.com, "Larry Plass"
      <lplass@...> wrote:

      > I always WANT to like the HD's when I try my buddies' out, but I
      come away
      > less than excited. I think they have made great strides in the
      past decade,
      > are nice looking solid bikes, and they know their target audience
      for sure.
      > But I had a much better time on the Victory Vegas I tried than any
      HD, the