RE: [Triumph Motorcycle club] a bad experience

  • Mike Bartlett
    Message 1 of 24 , Apr 1, 2005
      David Cohen <mailto:dmcohen@...> wrote:
      > A 'For Sale', and a general goodbye
      > So, I guess this is it, guys. My bikes are up for sale.
      > Best wishes, happy riding, and a long and prosperous life to all of
      > you.
      > DC out. 10.58am 1/4/05

      Excellent - I'll give you a fiver for the Trophy and you can keep the other
      one in case you change your mind ;o)
      Happy April 1
      --
      The Dame ô¿ô
    • Von Pelot
      Message 2 of 24 , Apr 1, 2005
        JIVE TURKEY !!!!
        You hit a nerve though, I think all of us have can recall instances where we let our adrenaline get the better of our brains. Hell, I'm 61 years old and still let it happen, found myself racing some "kid" on a rice burner not too long ago and later asked myself what the hell...
        Truth is, unless you ride a big old slow cruiser, you are going to go for the thrills from time to time. "cruising" just doesn't get it...maybe when I'm 80.
        Trick is to remember the story you told, because it could be real, and get the adrenaline kick on the track, or away from traffic on a "back road".
        Ride safe doesn't have to mean ride bored.

        David Cohen <dmcohen@...> wrote:

        >>10.58am 1/4/05<<

        GOTCHAS!!!
        Me sell my bikes, as if.
        dc

        Von

      • Larry Plass
        Message 3 of 24 , Apr 1, 2005
          I KNEW something wasn't quite right there. I was going to call you on it at
          the risk of sounding unsympathetic, but you beat me to it! The David Cohen
          I know from these forums really would have said "even my modded Trophy was
          having a little trouble hanging with this kid, so I've decided to pick up a
          new ST to give him a proper spanking next time". Good one!
          - Larry

          > >>10.58am 1/4/05<<
          >
          > GOTCHAS!!!
          > Me sell my bikes, as if.
          > dc
        • Donovan
          Message 4 of 24 , Apr 1, 2005
            Nice try! I knew that was B.S. from the start. I can't believe anyone went for it. :0)
            The date prolly got 'em, sure. Or they're chumps!!
            Happy April Fools all,

            Donovan

            > > GOTCHAS!!!
            > > Me sell my bikes, as if.
            > > dc
          • petermholmes
            Message 5 of 24 , Apr 1, 2005
              David, don't do something on impulse that you'll regret later. Give
              it a few days. Give yourself time to absorb it all.
            • petermholmes
              Message 6 of 24 , Apr 1, 2005
                > >>10.58am 1/4/05<<
                >
                > GOTCHAS!!!

                ROTFLMAO!!! Well done, sir.
              • Barry Rhodes
                Message 7 of 24 , Apr 1, 2005
                  What is the word for "bullshit" in New Zealand ?
                  Message 8 of 24 , Apr 1, 2005
                    I dunno, "australian"? hahaha!

                    On Fri, 1 Apr 2005, Barry Rhodes wrote:

                    > What is the word for "bullshit" in New Zealand ?
                  • Martin Stead
                    Message 9 of 24 , Apr 1, 2005
                      KaKa is one word that my Maori mates would have used.

                      David Cohen <dmcohen@...> wrote:
[...]

                      Service.

                      http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

                      Service.

                      Yahoo! Groups Links

                    • grandpaulz
                      Message 10 of 24 , Apr 1, 2005
                        >> What is the word for "bullshit" in New Zealand? <<

                        I think it's "bullshit"...
                      • Martin Stead
                        Message 11 of 24 , Apr 1, 2005
                          I had to be the one to swallow the bait though; Hook , line and bloody
                          sinker. I bow before you.

                          And to think only minutes before I read your post I was trying to dream
                          up an April fools day prank to post somewhere and got royally pranked
                          myself.

                          Martin

                          Message 12 of 24 , Apr 2, 2005
                            Alex you are close, its actually An Australian cricket captain who won't
                            authorize an underarm bowl on the last bowl of the last over of a match
                            when a 6 is needed to win by the kiwis.

                            Every Kiwi over 30 knows that particular one was bullshit, they
                            authorize the underarm bowl every time, even if the Kiwi batter on
                            strike is one armed, half blind and has never scored a run in his life.

                            Martin

                            Message 13 of 24 , Apr 2, 2005
                              This must surely be an April fools thingie. I'm sure you have more sense
                              than that you misplaced Aussie. You love bikes and riding too much to be a 1
                              %'er. I can't wait to read ahead and see the hahahaha - Jerry

                            • jcatbert@aol.com
                              Message 14 of 24 , Apr 2, 2005
                                In a message dated 3/31/2005 9:57:13 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                                dmcohen@... writes:

                                >>10.58am 1/4/05<<

                                GOTCHAS!!!
                                Me sell my bikes, as if.
                                dc

                              • Eric Mortenson
                                Message 15 of 24 , Apr 2, 2005
                                  --- Barry Rhodes <barry.rhodes@...> wrote:

                                  > What is the word for "bullshit" in New Zealand ?

                                  Barry, I would have to call David a Turd Tosser, but
                                  then I'd buy him a beer. Thanks David for reminding us
                                  that the track is for speed and the street is for
                                  getting from point A to point B on the best
                                  transportation known to man...a Triumph.
                                  Eric

                                  __________________________________
                                  Yahoo! Messenger
                                • Guy
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Apr 3, 2005
                                    to Alex-Dave and all who have had "The Bad Experieance' at least once
                                    in their lives-

                                    Now I can't tell you to continue riding but I will tell you that
                                    your 'going with the flow ' is probably most dangerous when you don't
                                    stop for a moment to think of the consequences of the event.--I
                                    commute in NYC traffic through downtown Brooklyn., and I can tell you
                                    Brooklyn has probably the most arrogant, selfcentered, egocentric,
                                    absentminded, and just plain stupod drivers in the city and probably
                                    the world next to France and Italy.
                                    I will tell you I have the Bad experience at least twice a week on
                                    a slow week, between the kids with the rally wannabe imoirts to the
                                    SUV gasguzzlers,rod hogs and frustrated crap driving bullies and of
                                    course the Municiple Mass Transit and taxi drivers, life is exciting
                                    in ways sometimes not prefered but is life nonethewless.
                                    I remember a fellow that when i was an EMT had to immoblize and
                                    transport-he was a factory worker that fell down the the stairs from
                                    the 3rd floor-to the 1st.
                                    let me say those steel steps are not fogiving to the human body, and
                                    definately make for a bloody vision that never forget.
                                    All i can say is that you must use your vision and your brain and
                                    not your emotions and pride to ride or to for that matter to drive,
                                    walk, wait for a bus and let your instincts lead you to and from your
                                    destinations in life.
                                    I tend to look at it from the buddists point of view:what ever you
                                    do - do it emotionlessly and arrive. Then take pleasure at the end of
                                    the day the start the next journey

                                    I know to many Kung Fu movies, but it keeps me riding after 34yrs and
                                    plenty of bad experiences

                                    y2kTBS-'78 GS750E

                                    Guy --- In triumphmotorcycleclub2@yahoogroups.com, "Martin Stead"
                                    <martin@d...> wrote:
                                    > Alex you are close, its actually An Australian cricket captain who
                                    won't
                                    > authorize an underarm bowl on the last bowl of the last over of a
                                    match
                                    > when a 6 is needed to win by the kiwis.
                                    >
                                    > Every Kiwi over 30 knows that particular one was bullshit, they
                                    > authorize the underarm bowl every time, even if the Kiwi batter on
                                    > strike is one armed, half blind and has never scored a run in his
                                    life.

                                    > Martin

                                  • Mike Bartlett
                                    Message 17 of 24 , Apr 3, 2005
                                      Guy <mailto:goodnuph@...> wrote:
                                      > you must use your vision and your brain and not your
                                      > emotions and pride to ride
                                      > y2kTBS-'78 GS750E

                                      Sounds like good advice - rest of the posrt snipped
                                      --
                                      The Dame ô¿ô