Re: [Triumph Motorcycle club] Sunday ride pix

  • snslawr
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2004
      You're right of course, driver ed courses use Dodge Neons and such to
      train students who will be piloting gigantic SUVs and pickups. Dumb.

      States do require a license endorsement which at least in theory
      demonstrates additional skill to ride a motorcycle, however on a bike
      you're a lot less likely to hurt others besides yourself if you are
      clueless as to the particular operating characteristics of the
      vehicle. IMO there should also be a license endorsement for light
      trucks & SUV's with dimensions exceeding the typical passenger car,
      but politically such a requirement would be even less popular than
      cellphone bans--the idiots would rather be content in their fantasy
      that gadgets like side curtain airbags are going to save their own
      arse and nobody else's matters anyway.