Re: Tires - buying online

  • Don I.
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2003
      In the US Southwest Moto Tires has one of the lowest prices for two or more
      tires at once. That is because their price includes shipping if ordering more
      than one tire:
      http://www.swmototires.com/

      Discount Motorcycle Tires in Colorado is cheaper per tire:
      http://www.discountmotorcycletire.com/

      I have purchased from both and can recommend both.

      /Don Inamasu
      --- In triumphmotorcycleclub2@yahoogroups.com, "PG Peter Grebus (5338)"
      <pgrebus@a...> wrote:
      > Wondering if anyone has purchased tires online before. It looks like I can
      > save about $100 by buying them online, even with a higher charge to mount
      > them on the bike.
      >
      > Pete
    • Tony Acri
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2003
        I dealt with discountmotorcycletire.com. Nice thing is they are a retail
        shop to. I called with some questions about some other items in addition to
        tires.

        Tony Acri

        The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off!

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1, 2003
          I've bought from several different online companys and have been very
          pleased with the pricing and no problems with the tires. What I have
          done recently is visited some of my local non-branded motorcycle
          shops and told them what I could buy a tire for online factoring the
          $10-$15 S&H and asked if they would sell tires to me at that price as
          well. I have yet to have any say no and they can get the tires in 24
          hours from their supplier (Parts Unlimited). I do pay $15 to have
          the tire mounted an balanced. Don't settle for the "higher fee to
          mount if you didn't buy the tire from me" crap. There are too many
          other shops out there willing to do the job and need the income. My
          point is to bargan with your local shops just to see if they will
          compete, if not, it's not your loss, but theirs. You have nothing to
          loose and everything to gain by simply asking.

          Bill
          2001 Trophy 1200
          2002 Speed Four