Skip to search.

'95 Speed Triple - Bars on Top of Yokes?

  • jk_midgley
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2002
      Hi

      I posted the following message on the S3 group before I discovered
      this one - I hope members of that list will forgive me posting it
      here too:-

      I've just bought a '95 Speed Triple, which was fitted with a set of
      risers and rather high/wide bars clamped to the bit of fork that
      sticks above the top yoke. To my eye, this doesn't really suit the
      bike, and I'd like to revert to something a bit more original,
      especially as the fork oil needs changing anyway...

      There's a photo in the 'files' section [of the Speed Triple group] of
      a black S3 with what look
      like the original bars mounted on top of the top yoke, which prompts
      a few questions:

      How painful and crippling is the original 'clip on' bar position,
      between the yokes?

      Is moving the bars to the yoke-top position a fairly common mod?

      Do the original bars fit above the yoke without reservoirs etc
      conflicting with the instruments, or are modifications needed?

      Any views on these or other 'gotchas' of bar-moving (like how to
      persuade the 'elbow' at the end of the choke cable to stay in place
      while you screw the switch assembly together) gratefully rec'd.

      Regards
      John Midgley
    • Cris L.
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2002
        Has anyone found a good alternative to the $44.95 a
        gallon Mobil 1 racing oil? Also, the manual recommends
        6,000 mile oil changes under normal use....Any
        opinions on this long an interval?

        Balboa

        =====

        http://health.yahoo.com