Hoses on a Thunderbird Engine. I Need some help!

  • crazedtomcat
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 2002
      I took my bike in for a checkup last week. They supposedly went all
      over the engine and did some work on the carbs and front brake.
      Yesterday, I noticed a somewhat clear small hose hanging down from
      the engine (near the chain under the middle of the seat). After
      further inspection I found 3 other hoses just hanging. I believe the
      other three were black.
      My knowledge of motorcycles is very limited, and it does seem an
      impossibility that maybe some hose is supposed to be for drainage.
      But are four hoses supposed to be unattached in the middle of the
      bike? The engine seems to be running fine, but will it damage the
      engine to ride it?
      Thanks for any advice.