RE: [tritongps] I got a "Megellan Triton 1500" and "National Geographic Topo! Explorer deluxe Map Data" many years ago and could never figure out how to use it.

  • Mark Bennett
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 21, 2013
      The USGS has free topo maps and it is not too difficult to synch them and make them coordinate with the Magellan. Maybe 10 minutes per map.

      To: tritongps@yahoogroups.com
      From: hammerbud1113@...
      Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 06:45:53 -0800
      Subject: Re: [tritongps] I got a "Megellan Triton 1500" and "National Geographic Topo! Explorer deluxe Map Data" many years ago and could never figure out how to use it.

      Jim I wish I could help you out with software However I am just a tech, To be honest I only know the basics . I work for ( gotink4u in N.H. ) the Owner More than likely will know how to help you with this prob. If you like send an Email to gotink4u@... ,Attention BILL hopefully He will have your answers. Have a Great Day hope to hear from you soon.                                                                                            Buddy
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 21, 2013

        I would like to thank everyone for their suggestions, some of the confusion I have is

        I seem to be missing something, for example, the manual says to Reset Odometer

        Resetting the Odometer

        1. While viewing the Speedometer screen, press MENU.

        2. Select Reset Odometer.

        3. The Speedometer screen is displayed with the odometer reset to

        zero.

        When I do it

        1.    While viewing the Speedometer screen, I press MENU.

        2.    I get a screen that has the following selections “Go To”, “Create” and “View”

        To: tritongps@yahoogroups.com
        From: hammerbud1113@...
        Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 06:45:53 -0800

        From: Jim Forshey (Aquatic Book Shop) <jim@...>

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 21, 2013
          --- In tritongps@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Forshey \(Aquatic Book Shop\)" <jim@...> wrote:

          > I would like to thank everyone for their suggestions, some of the confusion
          > I have is
          >
          > I seem to be missing something, for example, the manual says to Reset
          > Odometer
          >
          > Resetting the Odometer
          >
          > 1. While viewing the Speedometer screen, press MENU.

          Press the centre button instead