Re: Moving map

  • thomasgamwell
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 11 7:59 PM
      --- In tritongps@yahoogroups.com, "Mark" <mwaynebennett@...> wrote:

      > When I have my Triton 2000 in Map view and am moving, the arrowhead shaped indicator will move off the screen so I cannot see it. In my Garmin car navigation device, the indicator stays stationary on the screen and the map moves as I travel.
      >
      > How can I change the settings on the Triton 2000 so that the indicator stays stationary and the map moves?
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Mark

      This will happen when the screen has been touched(it thinks you want information about the point touched). All that is necessary is pressing the ESC button at the bottom.
      sincerely, tom
    • edosan_go
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 12 5:51 AM
        Mark,

        The correct operation of the T2000 is that the directional caret (aka black bubble) will move and the breadcrumb trail should follow it and the map should move so that the bubble does not go off the screen and the map is also correct.

        If you touch the screen the panning cursor will be activated and you can move the panning cursor and the screen will follow.  To return to the bubble, which is your current location, you will enter the ESC key.

        If you do not touch the screen and the bubble goes off the screen and the map does not move the Triton is NOT working correctly.

        We have seen this phenomena in a few Tritons.    Sometimes the solution is a simple CLEAR MEMORY.  Is this a problem that just appeared or are you using new maps?

        MT