Internal Error message

  • ToddH
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2010
      When I power on the Triton 400, it powers up and then I get a message that reads, "Internal Error" in a red block then underneath that it reads: "Your Triton has encountered an unexpected error and must shut down. Please wait while your data is saved" Then there is a green block with an X in it. The GPS then shuts off. I have no idea what could be wrong. Any ideas? I have only had the unit for about 3 months and have never had a problem.
    • pjpoker222
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 4, 2010
        --- In tritongps@yahoogroups.com, "ToddH" <muskie4817@...> wrote:

        > When I power on the Triton 400, it powers up and then I get a message that reads, "Internal Error" in a red block then underneath that it reads: "Your Triton has encountered an unexpected error and must shut down. Please wait while your data is saved" Then there is a green block with an X in it. The GPS then shuts off. I have no idea what could be wrong. Any ideas? I have only had the unit for about 3 months and have never had a problem.

        i am having this problem with my triton 500, customer service told me it was corrupted geocaching files and i should delete them all, which works but then it's not so usefull for geocaching, any one else have this problem? any suggestions, besides getting a new gps?