magellan triton 400 w/ national gegraphic software

  • michael
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 22, 2010
      hello i just joined the group happy to meet you all, My question is i just bought a magellan triton 400 with national geographic software, does any one have any experience with this specific model. Is it possible to put more detailed maps on the gps all that shows up is major highways. And if any member of this group as any other thoughts on the triton 400, feel free to post a comment, Because I am kind of new to using a GPS

      Thanks,
      Mike
    • marshall brayton
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 22, 2010
        i love my 400. just starting using it a bit more lately and it performs like a champ once you get it figured out.
        for more detailed maps get a program called mapsend. the maps it produces are awesome! the nat geo maps are junk and not worth using.
        hope that helps. let me know if you have any more questions,
        marshall
        p.s. if you haven't tried geocaching yet...try it out! it's a ton of fun.
        geocaching.com

        hello i just joined the group happy to meet you all, My question is i just bought a magellan triton 400 with national geographic software, does any one have any experience with this specific model. Is it possible to put more detailed maps on the gps all that shows up is major highways. And if any member of this group as any other thoughts on the triton 400, feel free to post a comment, Because I am kind of new to using a GPS

        Thanks,
        Mike

      • m m
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 22, 2010
          i have geocaching where i live in central wisconsin with my old magellan map 330 but that gps has failed to work anymore and was trying to figure out if the triton would be similar to the map 330 with roads and other map information on the gps screen but it seems to be more complicated than my old non working map330 which i have mapsend street software for, thanks for the information

          hello i just joined the group happy to meet you all, My question is i just bought a magellan triton 400 with national geographic software, does any one have any experience with this specific model. Is it possible to put more detailed maps on the gps all that shows up is major highways. And if any member of this group as any other thoughts on the triton 400, feel free to post a comment, Because I am kind of new to using a GPS

          Thanks,
          Mike

        • Johnny Vegas
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 22, 2010
            Map send maps are Magellan maps the are based on National geographic topo maps. National geographic topo maps are USGS 7.5 min maps that digitized by National Geographic. The base maps on the triton are not Nat. Geo. graphic maps.

            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 22, 2010
              Magellan has a New geocaching dedicated GPS
              http://www.magellangps.com/products/product.asp?segID=355&prodID=2288