Re: Elevation shown in miles not feet, USB problems

  • Joe
    Message 1 of 24 , Jun 3, 2009
      Hi, Just a note to follow up on this. the elevation is OK but my vista computer keeps dleting the usb driver for the triton 400. If I uninstll VP then install it again as administrator, it installs the MUD driver as Magellan Triton series USB device on on com 11 but gives me a code 10 error (this device cannot start). when I try to upgrade the driver it just does it again. Sometimes it shows as an Unknown USB Device and installs as such. This problem has continued for more than a year. I have unistalled and reinstalled vp and vp lite, the usb driver, the generic driver, and no driver, and as adminstrator or not. VP cannot find the device, which I just updated to 1.7 before the driver went away. Why does the USB driver go away?
      The device just shows that it is waiting to connect. It takes hours to uninstall and reinstall everything, then if it works once, it goes away again.
      Joe

      --- In tritongps@yahoogroups.com, "Ed" <edosan@...> wrote:

      > Joe,
      >
      > Apparently you have some kind of wiring problem with the USB cable or
      > most likely you may have a short in your rechargeable batteries.
      >
      > The full battery status is NORMAL with a USB connected .. it does mean
      > that the batteries are being charged. It simply means that the USB when
      > connected to a computer and the GPS is turned ON that the GPS is now
      > being powered by the computer and NOT THE BATTERIES.
      >
      > So change out the rechargeable for new regulate batteries and prove that
      > one of the rechargables are bad.
      >
      > Ed
      >
      > --- In tritongps@yahoogroups.com, "Joe" <nvjoe2004@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi, ED!
      > > Now I am really confused. I used a nearly dead set of rechargeable
      > > batteies and plugged them in to the right USB ports. Not only do both
      > > of them show a full battery and power up the Triton when the batteries
      > > alone would not, BUT! VP can connect to it on any of the three ports.
      > > The Triton shows up on Com 6.
      > >
      > > joe
      > >

      > > --- In tritongps@yahoogroups.com, "Ed" edosan@ wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi Joe,
      > > >
      > > > I have a new theory on the USB ports that do not work. Maggie uses
      > one
      > > > of the connections to power the GPS .. I am betting that this
      > connection
      > > > is not made from the PCMCIA chip that is controlling your two RIGHT
      > > > USB's.
      > > >
      > > > Just for the heck of it reconnect the GPS to a right port and see if
      > the
      > > > battery charge status bar on the top left of the GPS goes to a fully
      > > > charged status. (you will need to have two batteries in the unit
> [...]
    • Joe
      Message 2 of 24 , Jun 3, 2009
        Ed, thanks for the quick reply. I tried the jungleghost fix but when I select the c:magellandrivers or the downloaded explorist 400 vista fix my computer will not accept my selection but insists that the driver for UNKNOWN DEVICE is the best one. I have tried to install the mud.sys and usbser.sys and .inf files with no luck. Usually, the magellan triton shows up under serial port 11 or 6 but now I am not even getting that.
        Joe