help needed

  • pepagoiba
    Message 1 of 7 , May 4, 2009
      Hello:
      I'm a new user of Triton 500, living in Spain. I want to put some mountains maps inside but they are not in National Geographic for buying.
      I have image maps in JPG or BMP format but I don't know how to convert for download into my Magellan Triton 500.
      Can anybody teach the way to convert maps ?
      Thanks in advance.
      Pedro
    • wdte2
      Message 2 of 7 , May 4, 2009
        --- In tritongps@yahoogroups.com, "pepagoiba" <pepagoiba@...> wrote:

        > Hello:
        > I'm a new user of Triton 500, living in Spain. I want to put some mountains maps inside but they are not in National Geographic for buying.
        > I have image maps in JPG or BMP format but I don't know how to convert for download into my Magellan Triton 500.
        > Can anybody teach the way to convert maps ?
        > Thanks in advance.
        > Pedro

        There are good free Spain maps:(eMap)_TopoHispania_Magellan_1.0..exe
        http://www.megaupload.com/es/?d=T1IIXUIA
        regards Martin
      • rdukefry
        Message 3 of 7 , May 4, 2009
          gMapMaker
          gMapMaker enables you to make OziExplorer compatible maps (image + calibration file) and giant merged images from Google Map tiles (satellite, hybrid, driving, terrain maps)

          Instructions===> http://forum.mgmaps.com/viewtopic.php?t=1116

          Triton Raster Map maker
          Magellan Triton GPS receivers have an option to load National Geographic Raster maps. But Magellan left specification of the raster
          map format unopened. People from tritongps yahoo group made extensive
          study of the format. I used their findings and my own research to
          develop a program to create custom raster maps compatible with Triton
          GPS receiver and Magellan's Vantage Point software.

          RMP file can contain many maps (I tested 15), each map will be shown
          at several zoom levels in dependence on the scale of each map. Triton
          does it automatically. All we need isjust load the image (or several
          images), calibrate it(them) and create the *.rmp file.

          Link to down loads===>http://www.msh-tools.com/triton.html

          Link to down loads===>http://www.mgmaps.com/cache/

          Duke
        • sucoch
          Message 4 of 7 , May 4, 2009
            Hola Pedro: no es muy complicado en realidad, tienes que utilizar un programa que se llama TritonRMP que te lo bajas de la web, alli cargas el archivo, BMP, JPG, etc. y le calibras las cordenadas; luego generas un archivo RMP y este sera reconocido por el Vantage Point

            Saludos,

            Ivan

            --- In tritongps@yahoogroups.com, "wdte2" <wdte2@...> wrote:

            > --- In tritongps@yahoogroups.com, "pepagoiba" <pepagoiba@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hello:
            > > I'm a new user of Triton 500, living in Spain. I want to put some mountains maps inside but they are not in National Geographic for buying.
            > > I have image maps in JPG or BMP format but I don't know how to convert for download into my Magellan Triton 500.
            > > Can anybody teach the way to convert maps ?
            > > Thanks in advance.
            > > Pedro
            > >
            > There are good free Spain maps:(eMap)_TopoHispania_Magellan_1.0..exe
            > http://www.megaupload.com/es/?d=T1IIXUIA
            > regards Martin

          • Pedro Perez
            Message 5 of 7 , May 4, 2009
              Muchísimas gracias Ivan por tu información. Lo he probado y funciona.
              Un saludo
              Pedro

              Hola Pedro: no es muy complicado en realidad, tienes que utilizar un programa que se llama TritonRMP que te lo bajas de la web, alli cargas el archivo, BMP, JPG, etc. y le calibras las cordenadas; luego generas un archivo RMP y este sera reconocido por el Vantage Point

              Saludos,

              Ivan

              --- In tritongps@yahoogrou ps.com, "wdte2" <wdte2@...> wrote:

              > --- In tritongps@yahoogrou ps.com, "pepagoiba" <pepagoiba@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Hello:
              > > I'm a new user of Triton 500, living in Spain. I want to put some mountains maps inside but they are not in National Geographic for buying.
              > > I have image maps in JPG or BMP format but I don't know how to convert for download into my Magellan Triton 500.
              > > Can anybody teach the way to convert maps ?
              > > Thanks in advance.
              > > Pedro
              > >
              > There are good free Spain maps:(eMap)_ TopoHispania_ Magellan_ 1.0..exe
              > http://www.megauplo ad.com/es/ ?d=T1IIXUIA
              > regards Martin

            • Pedro Perez
              Message 6 of 7 , May 4, 2009