My first participation

  • Frederico José Giovine Monnerat Araujo
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 2000
      Hi!
      My name is Frederico, I'm 27 y. o. and I've joined this group monday July
      3rd.
      I live in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil) and I am a Stock trader for the domestic
      market.
      I've been looking for information about Tristan since 1996, by that time I
      was living in New Zealand and I met a guy that spent three months in Tristan
      studying birds. He told me great things about the island.
      I have seen a lot of things on the internet and I bought two books about
      Tirstan da Cunha (In Amazon). The Rock of exile and Crisis in utopia are
      good books, but they are very old. Does anyone know a new book about the
      island?
      My other interests are Sailing and tennis. By the way, I stayed in NZ for
      more than one year sailing all over the place. I have a friend that takes
      private boats from one harbour to another as a job and he has been twice
      around Tristan, very close to Edinburgh but he wasn't able to land because
      in both times the sea was very rough. And he was afraid that it could be
      too shallow to dock. He also told me that when he approached the beach,
      there were so many people waiting for him; this should be so rare.
      The next time that he takes a boat to South Africa I'll try to get a ride.

      Thank you

      Frederico Monnerat

      PS: What is Tristan Times News? Is it possible to sign it?