new member

  • ekingaby@hetnet.nl
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 28, 2000
      Hi all,

      I'm new here and have never been to Tristan. But I've been fascinated by the
      island for about two years now. I think it was a documentary of an
      ex-Tristonian coming back to film the island that first introduced me to
      Tristan. Ever since I have been looking for books and articles and hoping to
      some day catch a boat going that direction. Strange though, what people get
      interested in. I have the same thing with the Amish :-)

      As for myself, I'm from Holland and I'm a student. Hoping to get the latest
      on Tristan here and maybe even a yell from a real life Tristan inhabitant?
      Oh, by the way, the thing that got me to think of Tristan in this particular
      matter is a British tv-show called "Castaway 2000" in which a bunch of
      people live together on the remote British island of Taransay for a year.
      Made me think of Tristan da Cunha.

      Emma.

      "I'm going where my dreams can be
      Where life is not reality
      Where visions clad in colors true
      Can take me where I'm going to"

      - G. Love & Special Sauce
      www.g-love.com
    • exwaxy@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 23, 2001
        Hi I'm new to this list. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me about
        travel to Tristan da Cunha. How does one get to the island? Any
        information would be appreciated. Thanks.

        Alex Robertson Textor
      • A. Kornet
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 14, 2001
          Hello,
          I would like to introduce myself as a new member to this group. It's my
          first membership of any group on internet.
          My name is Sandra Kornet-van Duyvenboden and I'm living in Katwijk. That's
          the birthplace of Pieter W. Groen also known as Peter W. Green who
          shipwrecked on TdC in 1836 and stayed on the island.
          I'm doing research for a biography that I would like to write about Peter
          Green. And my husband and I will visit TdC next month.
          After hearing about the hurricane Marnix Koolhaas (a Dutch journalist) and I
          started a fundraising with the title 'Katwijk helpt Tristan da Cunha'. So
          far we raised 9.100 guilders. That's over 2.000 English pounds. A few days
          ago we started a simple website, but that's in Dutch. We are working on some
          English information as well. The address is
          http://members.tripodnet.nl/tristandacunha/
          Any information about TdC and especially about Peter Green is more than
          welcome. My e-mail address is: a.kornet@...

          Regards
          Sandra Kornet-van Duyvenboden