Re: [TdC] "We're all alone here."

  • markalastairsilverman
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2002

      Thank you for your informative and interesting reply and good to know
      the money raised in the UK was received promptly.

      Unfortunately, I couldn't open the news attachment (I have the
      updated Adobe) - is there anywhere else where I can read about your
      proposals for St Helena (which could benefit Tristan), or perhaps you
      could paste an extract into an e-mail.

      I have been reading Peter Munch's Crisis in Utopia which is now 30+
      yrs old. I am curious to find out how today's young (18-30) on both
      TdC and St Helena view the future from where they live and -
      notwithstanding their ability to find work - whether they are happy
      to remain where they are and build their futures there. I know TdC
      prides itself on its self-sufficiency, but are the Island's youth
      happy to commit themselves to life in the South Atlantic...or do they
      see a wider world out there waiting to be experienced. A question
      that has probably been asked 1000s of times before, but it is
      something which interests me (being in that age group). Perhaps you
      or anyone else in the group knows a little of the answer.

      best wishes

      London, UK