Peter Green

  • jillc28
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 5, 2002
      Hi! I have recently began researching our family tree. Peter Green,
      the former "Governor" of Tristan de Cuhna was my Great Great
      Grandfather. I am trying to find out which of his daughters married
      my great grandfather, Captain John Cruse. Also, we know that my great
      great grandmother was Mary Martha Swain, daughter of Thomas Hill
      Swain, who was with Lord Nelson at his death. And we know that Thomas
      Swain's wife was black, but we don't know if she was 100%
      Black/African, and would really like to know more about her and her
      name. We want to know her history and family as well.

      Our family has a telescope that is claimed to have been on Lord
      Nelson's ship, and we wondered if it was not passed down from Thomas
      to Mary to John Cruse . . . we welcome any insights or recommended
      readings on the history of Tristan de Cuhna. Thanks!

      Jill
    • E. Meijer
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 7, 2002
        Hi Jill,

        As far I know:

        Caroline Green, born 1850, died 1932, marr. Cape Town 1865? Spouse is John
        Cruse, born abt. 1840, whaler, died 1902.
        From this marriage:
        1. Charles Linahan Cruse, born 08-03-1879, died 18-03-1890.
        2. John Phillip Shrimpton Cruse.
        3. Edith Cruse.
        4. Sydney Benjamin Cruse.

        I have a lot more information about the ancestors of Peter Green in the
        Netherlands, we share some of them.... Are you interest in that information,
        just let me know.

        Erik Meijer
        The Netherlands
        someije@...