News of Tristan da Cunha postal history

  • HAHNSTAMPS
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 9, 2013
      Hello all,

      may I tell you the contents of the November issue of the South Atlantic Chronicle, the quarterly journal of the St. Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha Philatelic Society - SHATPS?

      Contents of the November 2013 South Atlantic Chronicle:

      Tristan da Cunha Cancellations - Part 3

      Tristan da Cunha Cancellations - an addendum

      St. Helena Stories

      The Tristan Stamp design of 1949

      The A.L. Innes Postcards of St. Helena

      Jackson postcard comparison

      New style of Registration Label from Tristan da Cunha

      Secretary's Report

      Treasurer's Report

      New Issues

      Notices, Advertising

      The listing of the Tristan da Cunha cancellations is now terminated after 3 parts published during 2013 and the readers got a complete overview of the cancellations from the beginning of the 20th century until today, a most comprehensive listing never seen before.
      As a (new) member you can order the missing journals - for non-members these journals are only available 1 year after their issue.

      The article "Innes Postcards of St. Helena" could be a nice start of a new series of Innes and Jackson Picture Postcards of St. Helena, the first PPCs of this island - I'm still waiting for the acceptance of the SHATPS Editor.

      Have a look to the society home page
      www.shatps.org and read about the benefits of a membership. Actually you can bid in our society auction (open for non-members too). Deadline for bids is 15th December 2013. Many lots are pictured but you must have a close look to see the hidden gems of this auction.

      And if you are interested in one or all of these 3 islands, be welcome to join our society.

      Have fun

      -- Klaus --
      secretary@...
      www.shatps.org