Various Tristan News Items

  • bobconrich
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 14, 2012
      Difficulties with my new computer have caused my lateness with the following items. My apologies.

      Bob

      New TDC Association Newsletter:
      http://www.tristandc.com/newsletter.php
      As noted this excellent publication is really a magazine, not just a newsletter.

      2012 Postal Auction
      in aid of the Tristan Education Trust Fund
      Closing Date for Bids - 7th September
      Download the PDF version of the Auction Catalogue (1.64MB) now

      The Auction has been organised by Robin Taylor and assisted by Ray Lloyd.
      Offered for auction are 161 lots of great interest to philatelic and other general Tristan collectors.
      In addition to philatelic items there are also Tristan books, booklets and rare 1943 editions of 'Tristan Times'.
      'Conservative' auction estimates for individual lots range from £4 to £140.

      -----

      2012 Postal Auction
      in aid of the Tristan Education Trust Fund
      Closing Date for Bids - 7th September
      Download the PDF version of the Auction Catalogue (1.64MB) here:
      http://www.tristandc.com/po/TDC%20Association%20PostalAuction%202012.pdf

      The Auction has been organised by Robin Taylor and assisted by Ray Lloyd.
      Offered for auction are 161 lots of great interest to philatelic and other general Tristan collectors. In addition to philatelic items there are also Tristan books, booklets and rare 1943 editions of 'Tristan Times'. 'Conservative' auction estimates for individual lots range from £4 to £140.

      -----

      Opening Day of this year's fishing season
      and
      HMS Dauntless on Fisheries Patrol
      http://www.tristandc.com/newsfishing2012.php

      [This is great but is no substitute for an almost complete lack of high seas fisheries patrol capability for nearly the entire year due to economic constraints. Bob]

      -----

      New Agents appointed to Handle Production and Marketing of Postage Stamps

      The Tristan da Cunha Post Office and Philatelic Bureau is delighted to announce that, with effect from 1 November, 2012, Tristan stamp production will be handled by Creative Direction (Worldwide) Ltd/ while all stamp marketing will be handled by Pobjoy Mint Ltd.

      All parties involved in this new arrangement intend to ensure that Tristan stamps are produced to the highest quality and that they will appeal to both our existing, loyal collector base whilst reaching a wide international market. Tristan now joins Ascension Island, Falkland Islands, South Georgia and South Sandwich Islands in the South Atlantic by entrusting its philatelic production and sales to these new partners.

      All parties will strive to produce relevant and innovative issues whilst projecting a very positive view of the Territory.

      -----

      HMS Dauntless helps install Repeater Station at The Ponds
      Report and Photos from Andy Repetto
      http://www.tristandc.com/newscommunications.php

      -----

      Emergency Doctor Replacement thanks to HMS Dauntless' Visit
      http://www.tristandc.com/newsshipping.php
      and
      http://www.tristandc.com/newshospital.php