Re: [TdC] Tragedy in Tristan

  • Dan Phillips
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 4, 2012
      thats horrible!

      dan

      On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 1:13 PM, bobconrich <bob@...> wrote:

      From the official Tristan website:

      Tragedy on 2nd June 2012

      Tristan da Cunha Diamond Jubilee celebrations are low key on Monday 4th June following a tragic incident on Saturday 2nd June when an Islander was swept off his feet by a high swell and pulled into the sea when crossing a beach near Longbluff on the west coast of the island. Search and rescue operations have continued on Sunday and Monday.

      As a result only the planned Church service and lighting of the Jubilee Beacon will take place on 4th June and the presentation of the Queen's Diamond Jubilee Medals will take place at a later stage. See our Diamond Jubilee Page for details.
      http://www.tristandc.com/diamondjubilee.php

      We expect to be able to announce further details in the next day or so on this page.

      On this island map we see Longbluff on the remote southwest coast:
      http://www.tristandc.com/map.php

      Daniel W. Phillips III, Ph.D., Associate Professor
      Sociology and Criminal Justice
      Chair, Division of Social Sciences
      Lindsey Wilson College
      Columbia, KY 42728