International Lobster Marketing

  • bobconrich
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2012
      http://www.workingwaterfront.com/articles/Lobsters-on-Holiday/14679/

      The Working Waterfront [newspaper]
      Maine, USA
      January 3, 2012
      Lobsters on Holiday
      by Philip Conkling
      [Excerpt]

      "In addition to lobster tails from Maine, you could order frozen tails from South Africa, West Australia, North Australia, New Zealand, Brazil and even Tristan da Cunha, one of the most remote islands in the world. In general, a pair of tails from any of these other places will set you back less than a pair of Maine tails. But one thing I can guarantee, none of them can hold a candle to the taste of one of our lobsters."

      Philip Conkling is president of the Island Institute based in Rockland, Maine.

      Published monthly by the Island Institute, Working Waterfront considers the myriad ways people earn their livings on the islands and waterfronts of Maine and the Gulf of Maine region.

      I learned a lot from the rest of this article, but recognise that not all of us share the same interests. On my island, we have both lobster and crayfish, both of which are very popular in our tourist restaurants, but we don't export them.

      Bob
      Anguilla, British West Indies