HMS PUMA 1962

  • richard.r.a.judd@btinternet.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2001
      Goodmorning,I am a new member and having just found this web sight I
      felt that I had to post my own experiances of Tristan.
      I have visited the Island even though it was at a bad time in the
      Islands history,this is just a short story for now, I will tell the
      full version when I have dug out my old photos and service history,
      I served in the Royal Navy and in 1962/3 was on HMS Puma based at
      Cape Town South Africa, we had to go to the Island on two occasions
      on the second time I was part of a landing party who helped blast a
      roadway through the laver from the volcano that had blocked off the
      only good landing beach from the village. You may wonder what
      happened on Puma's first visit, well that was not long after the
      volcano had errupted and is a long story off it's own and I will tell
      it at a later date, but for now I must sign off.
      If anyone wants to contact me please don't hessitate.
      R.A. Judd