Shipping News from Tristan

  • bobconrich
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 26, 2010
      Recent Shipping News from Tristan [from July]
      Submitted by Tristan Times (Sarah Glass)
      25.08.2010

      The M.V. Edinburgh arrived at Tristan on the morning of the 22nd
      July, after experiencing some bad weather on her way to Tristan. She
      disembark the passengers, unloaded cargo, pumped fuel, and back loaded empty crates, before taking passengers and headed for Cape Town. This is the first time that the Edinburgh has managed to turn around in a day. She is due to arrive in Cape Town on the 28th July, and will depart for Tristan again on the 21st August for the start of their
      fishing season.

      A subscriber recently commented that some of the news reports from
      Tristan are lacking in drama. Trust me, if there are horrendous
      aircraft accidents, floods, riots or terrorist incidents on the island, members will be the first to hear the news. But we must remember
      that the Islanders aren't there for our entertainment. :)