animals and plants
I have ordered the book "A field guide to the animals and plants of
Tristan da Cunha and Gough Island". I hope it arrives soon.
I am interested in botany more so than animals. Can someone answer a
few questions for me?
1) Do you have native or imported palms on the island?
2) How about ferns of any kind?
3) I am interested in mosses, liverworts and related spore
reproducing plants. Some tropical lycopodium (kind of a giant moss
type plant) can get very large - well large for something in the moss
family group. Any thing come to mind?
4) I take it hiking trails extend to the interior of the island? Of
if no trails, one could walk/hike around? Or is most of the islands
interior such shear cliffs that it is difficult?
5) I would like to see some temperature and rainfall data for the
island. Can someone point me to a resource?