animals and plants

  • Jack Honeycutt
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 15 8:50 AM
      Folks...

      I have ordered the book "A field guide to the animals and plants of
      Tristan da Cunha and Gough Island". I hope it arrives soon.

      I am interested in botany more so than animals. Can someone answer a
      few questions for me?

      1) Do you have native or imported palms on the island?

      2) How about ferns of any kind?

      3) I am interested in mosses, liverworts and related spore
      reproducing plants. Some tropical lycopodium (kind of a giant moss
      type plant) can get very large - well large for something in the moss
      family group. Any thing come to mind?

      4) I take it hiking trails extend to the interior of the island? Of
      if no trails, one could walk/hike around? Or is most of the islands
      interior such shear cliffs that it is difficult?

      5) I would like to see some temperature and rainfall data for the
      island. Can someone point me to a resource?

      Thanks.

      jack

      Oregon, USA