Re: Best Regards from Germany!

  • abasanti
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2008
      Hi there,

      I've never been to the island. Just read a lot on the internet and
      such. I've found the best place to start is the official site (under
      the links section).

      As for Germans in Tristan, I wouldn't imagine so. The German diaspora
      in that area is likely limited to South Africa and Namibia. The
      residents on the island are descendants of Scotland, England, Holland,
      the USA and Italy.

      However, I would imagine the island has been visited many a time by
      German tourists (some of the most traveled tourists in the world!).

      Best of luck in your research,

      -A

      --- In tristan-da-cunha@yahoogroups.com, El Henrich <el.henrich@...>
      wrote:

      > Hey everybody,
      >
      > my name is Elias. I am a 20-years old German student, who has just
      finished school with my A-Level. Now I have to do the "alternative
      civilian service", something every German male above 18 has to do, if
      he's not willing to join the army for nine months.
      > I found your beautiful island some weeks ago in "Google Earth" and I
      was immediately fascinated by it! Since I read that you are pretty
      well connected to the Internet, I really hope, that somebody is
      willing to chat a bit with me. I do like to know more about your life,
      culture, daily routine, the weather etc... Maybe you want to know
      something about Germany as well? Are there any Germans or people with
      German forefathers?