The First Factory

    Message 1 of 2 , May 25, 2008
      Linda,

      A picture of the first factory, built after World War II, is here:
      http://www.tristandc.com/history1942-1961.php

      The "firm" is apparently the Tristan Development Corporation,
      but that's all I know about this subject.

      Bob
    • lindaritchie54
      Message 2 of 2 , May 25, 2008
        --- In tristan-da-cunha@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Conrich" <bob@...>
        wrote:

        > Linda,
        >
        > A picture of the first factory, built after World War II, is here:
        > http://www.tristandc.com/history1942-1961.php
        >
        > The "firm" is apparently the Tristan Development Corporation,
        > but that's all I know about this subject.
        >

        > Bob

        Hi Bob

        I have had an e-mail to say that the first factory was set up by the
        Pequena Expeditionb and managed by A.N. Rowan.

        It os only a hunch about my dad being known to someone on the island.
        best wishes
        Linda :-)