THE END OF THE WORLD - NOT

  • h.w_barker
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 30, 2006
      All of this is according to a newsletter I subscribe to and support.

      I don't claim to know it all:
      "Some speak in fear of "The End Of The World" which, by the Bible
      itself, is utterly absurd (at least not for the next thousand
      years), because: According to the Book of Revelation "The kings of
      the earth who remain will be standing far off, watching a certain
      nation burn. (The entire world can't be burning if there are leaders
      from other nations watching.) It also says the merchants of the
      earth who remain will all be complaining that no one is available to
      buy their goods anymore. After which, Christ will then reign over
      these remaining nations for a thousand years. (Rev 18:7-11, 20:4)

      Then previous to that (according to this newsletter), 1. God
      will "sic" the Arabs on the nation He intends to destroy; 2. He will
      have its top ten corporations move their assets (and jobs) to foreign
      soil; 3. He will have the towers that represent its financial
      strength brought to the ground; 4. Foreigners will move in and take
      over, opposing everything this nation's people try to do; 5. Tens of
      thousands will be killed by a single terrorist attack; 6. This
      nation will be financially destroyed; 7. Toward the end three of the
      world's leaders will die within a single thirty day period; 8. When
      its end does finally come there will be an explosion and fire strong
      enough to knock the earth off its axis; 9. This explosion will be so
      severe that men's dead bodies will fall out of the air, with no one
      left to gather them, nor to bury them; 10. Just as God destroyed
      Sodom and Gomorrah and their neighboring nations in such a way that
      they were burned off the face of the earth, so shall it be with this
      nation and both of its neighbors. (Far too many verses of scripture
      are cited for me to quote here.)

      The next part sounds really far out there, until you realize that our
      government has had everyone from its military, its brightest
      scientists and engineers, and even engineers from Exxon Oil try to
      disprove it, and they cannot. At any rate, since the 1920's our oil
      companies have been pumping vast amounts of water down into the earth
      to force oil and natural gas up out of what is known as the Hugoton
      Panhandle Natural Gas Reserve (which encompasses the entire N.
      American Continent). Now, gravity is pulling that water toward the
      center of the earth, causing the resulting vacuum to suck in oxygen
      from the earth's surface, which has created one incredibly huge gas
      and oxygen bomb under our entire continent. At a place just north of
      Pantex, where America stores its larger nuclear weapons, the H-P
      Reserve is less than fifty feet below the surface of the earth, and
      extremely vulnerable to just anything falling from the sky, such as
      a meteor, or a bomb.

      The above is scary enough all by itself. Until you realize that the
      third through fifth trumpets mentioned in the Book of Revelation
      describe an object it refers to as wormwood falling from the sky like
      a burning torch, and gaining "entrance" into what it refers to
      as "The Great Abyss", resulting in an explosion the likes of which
      the world has never known. Even scarier is the fact that the
      Slavonic root for the place in the Ukraine named Chernobyl, which is
      synonymous with the world's worst nuclear disaster, has its roots in
      the term WORMWOOD! Do you really think Iran is refusing to stop its
      nuclear project for no reason?

      Yes, I know in advance that a lot of people will call me naive for
      even considering the above. But I say those who claim all the above
      is sheer coincidence are the ones who are truly naive. Especially
      since they have one issue which documents everything to be both
      logical, practical, Scriptural, and factual.

      At any rate, I used the following link to subscribe to this
      newsletter.

      The_A-N_Newsletter@...

      Just type "subscribe me" on the subject line then send it. You're
      all set.

      Harris
    • Martin Welfeld
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 30, 2006
        Harris,

        Please recognize that this group is formed around a common interest in a
        remote island in the South Atlantic. It is presumptious of you and reflects
        poorly on your judgement to attempt to use this group as a forum for
        quasi-religious ideas that are attractive to you. Please refrain from
        subjecting us to more of the same.

        You are free to start a group focused on your interests that do not include
        TDC and, I am sure you are most welcome in the TDC group, if you stay on
        topic.

        Thanks for your understanding.

        Marty Welfeld

      • ban@richardwinger.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 30, 2006
          Hi Marty, it's great to hear from you, even
          indirectly.

          Henry Hirose and I are still in constant contact, but
          except for you, there is nothing left of my
          communication with anyone I met in 2000 on the cruise.

          I went to Kuwait in January 2006 to visit an old
          friend who teaches English there. I went to Puerto
          Rico for the first time in March 2006, and my partner
          and I went to Corsica for a nice vacation in October
          2006.

          Where have you been lately?

          Henry just visited Brunei. He says there is nothing
          for tourists there; tourists are not wanted and
          nothing is done to attract them.

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Martin Welfeld
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 31, 2006
            Hi Richard!

            For me it's been Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Myanmar. I'm involved with the
            Mines Advisory Group, (best known as MAG) a Nobel Peace Prize winning NGO
            that clears landmines, unexploded ordnance and small arms caches around the
            world. Visit www.magclearsmines.org and www.magamerica.org

            MAG America, Inc. provides the opportunity for US citizens to take tax
            deductions for donations.
            MAG itself is headquartered in Manchester, UK.

            I'm moving to Florida on Feb.1, and after getting settled, Teresa and I may
            end up living in Laos for a year or two. BTW we inally got married on
            3-25-06 after 23 years together! Never a good idea to rush into marriage!

            Give my best to Henry. Teresa wants to go to Japan, so perhaps we will be
            able to see him again.

            Hope all is well with you and yours; best wishes for a Happy New Year!
            Let's stay in touch.

            Marty Welfeld

            http://mail.yahoo.com