Language variety

  • steaphainwilliams@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 25, 2001
      Dear Tristan de Cunha group

      this is my first entry to the group.
      I am a postgraduate student at the University of Umeå in Sweden and I
      am studying the varieties of English used around the world. I have
      become especially interested in the language of Tristan de Cunha (
      saw the documentary about T.d.C. with the inhabitant who moved to
      Glasgow, Scotland). I know that there is some materail written about
      the English spoken on the island (by Professor A. Zettersten of
      Copenhagen university).
      I would dearly like to continue the professor's work - does anyone
      have any info about T.d.C. English/ information about language on
      the island. I would love to take some of my study time on the
      island - perhaps in a couple of years from now - once I have
      organized my area of studies more clearly.
      Best wishes to the group from an interested member.
      Greetings from Norway
      Steven Williams