TDC <--> PN odd idea

  • Tin Tin
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2001
      I have an odd idea...

      Why not have the Pitcairn Government ship the Tristan Da Chuna Government a 'huge' case of Honey (1 jar per person) and the TDC Gov ship 4 (?) cans of crab (or whatever is packed on TDC cannery) to each Pitcairner?

      NOT BY AIRMAIL :)

      PS : Have there ever been any attempts at SW / HF contact PN <--> TDC?

      MP

      Pitcairn Web Project
      hazelnutspread.com/pitcairn.htm

      My twin interest in Tristan and Pitcairn has led me to wonder how TdC
      has been able to sustain its population fairly well over the past 40
      years - around 300 - whereas Pitcairn's has dwindled from well over
      100 (and well over 200 before WWII) to less than 50.

      Both communities are inaccessible by air but TdC appears to be far more
      self-sufficient.

      Does it receive any subsidy from the UK government?
      How much does the TdC depend on its crawfish industry?