Re: [TdC] Social organisation on Tristan

  • StellrJ@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 21, 2000
      In a message dated Mon, 18 Dec 2000 5:40:33 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      asgwrn@... writes:

      <<I'm more interested in
      this side of things rather than stamps or natural history but there
      does not seem to be much information available.I'd love to hear from
      anyone else similarly interested. Cheers. Ian.

      Hello, Ian, and welcome. I'm afraid I cannot help you much, but I do recall
      seeing, some years ago, that there was a book entitled "The Sociology of
      Tristan da Cunha." Unfortunately, I have long since misplaced any reference
      to its author or publisher. But, here's a hint: if you have access to a
      public or university library, see if they have a series of volumes entitled
      _Books in Print_. It is updated each year, I believe, and has "Books by
      Title," "Books by Author," and "Books by Subject," as well as a volume
      listing puplishers. The book I mentioned earlier was in print sometime in
      the 1990s, since that is when I saw the reference.