724RE: [TdC] Re: [carib-territories] Re: UN Cries Freedom to Contented Colonies

  • Spike Gomes
    Jun 4, 2004
      At 09:45 PM 6/4/04 -0400, you wrote:

      >Just how big is the independence movement? That I do not know.
      It's at about a couple thousand hard core folks who refuse to have anything
      to do with the federal government and tend to squat of federal and state
      land with maybe about 20,000 or so sympathsizers of varying degrees of
      fervency, including myself. They tend to be very marginal in Hawaii except
      in certain cultural areas such as hula halaus and old style homesteaders.
      Despite being only a minority of the native Hawaiian population, many of
      the famous Hawaiian musicians tend to be lukewarm supporters of the movement.
      "Had Alexandria triumphed and Not Rome, the extravagant and muddles stories
      that I have summarized here would be coherent, majestic, and perfectly
      ordinary." -- Jorge Luis Borges (on the Gnostics)
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic