2088Re: Management and control of the Tristan da Cunha Group on Yahoo

  • Ilan Kelman
    Oct 31, 2010
      Dear Alexander,

      I wish to indicate that I support Bob's comments. I have posted very infrequently, usually on discussion issues rather than news postings. But I have always appreciated the postings of Bob and the others, both the announcements and the discussions--even when it became controversial. I found that, including the few notable occasions when one individual stepped out of line, the group was superb at self-moderating and the free-flowing discussion helped me to learn and enjoy it.

      If the group is not working for Bob, then it cannot be working for me. Sadly, without going back to the original form of the group, I would have little incentive to post under any circumstances. And I would greatly miss Bob's postings which usually included insightful commentary helping me to put the news items into perspective.

      I appreciate the work that you have done in managing the group and in bringing us together--and especially in keeping the group entirely spam free which is not easy and which takes time. But the current format of the group has too many limitations and I would repeat Bob's comments regarding the balance--which, in my view, the group maintained without moderation. Thank you for your consideration.

      Ilan