1488TdC not in the list of Regions of the EU

  • Wolfgang Schaub
    Apr 1, 2006
      I see with great delight that neither TdC nor any other British overseas
      territory shows up in the list of 139 European Regions. This confirms my
      view that Brussels doesn't know what it is doing when supporting the British
      overseas territories.

      La Reunion, Martinique, Guadeloupe and French Guiana are in the list, for
      obvious reasons: They are part of the "motherland". Not so Mayotte,
      Saint-Pierre et Miquelon, French Poynesia, Nouvelle Caledonie and Wallis et
      Futuna; those latter are either a "Collectivite departementale" or a
      "Collectivite territoriale" or a "Territoire d'outre-mer".

      You can also look at this mess from another angle: The British are the more
      intelligent bunch: They know how to milk Brussels.