Will Triop Lay eggs?

  • jessiecwang
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2010
      So My tank has rather large pebbles as "substrate". About the size of 3-4 dimes stacked together and a lot of them. I was wondering will the Triops lay their eggs in the rocks? The rocks are probably unmovable by the triops but if the triops just drop their eggs they would fall into the cracks. But I have no experience with triops so I was wondering if they will even lay eggs in a bunch of large rocks basically lol.
    • Andrew Rosenbaum
      Message 2 of 2 , May 4, 2010
        Hi,

        My triops have layed their eggs without sand through forcing them to release them due to stress of a too sudden water change but this was on accident. Don't do this as it could harm the triops but they usually always most of the time lay their eggs after digging in the sand. Jut clean the sand very very extremely well and boil it then pour/sprinkle it into the tank. They do lay eggs in clusters sometimes...and sometimes they lay the eggs where they just don't have that sticky stuff on them so they spread over the ground.

        I you want you can add java moss which is really good for triops as it supplies oxygen, microscopic critters and it can also be dried out then put back in water. They survive being dry and this is how i don't need to use that infusoria soup. I just keep the moss in and add wates with the sand and the plants together. Thats enough microscopic food for the babies for the time unti they get big.