Plants - Anubias OK?

  • Shi-Hsia
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2009
      Hello,

      I'm sort of new to this group - started lurking when I had some Triops in college a few years ago, lost interest when they died. I got some from Amazon.com more recently, I guess they're the longicaudatus species. At the moment there are two survivors out of 5-6 that originally hatched (I only used half the eggs provided). One is about 1.3 cm long not counting the two long whiskers on the tail, and the other is about half that size. They are living in a small plastic bowl which is probably around 1 L in volume.

      My question about plants - I have a small aquarium, about 2 gal that has some natural (unpainted) gravel, an Anubias plant, and some elodea in it. I'm wondering if triops and these plants are compatible? I did search the message archives and it sounds like they like eating elodea, but does anybody know if Anubias is OK for them? I also have some Taiwan moss in a fishtank at work.

      By the way, there are a lot of small snails in the aquarium as well and I was wondering if the triops would eat those too when they grow bigger...don't care either way since I'm not a snail fan.

      Thanks for any advice you could offer,

      Shi-Hsia