Re: [Triops Forever] Live plants with triops?

  • Andrew Rosenbaum
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 31, 2008
      I think the triops may eat the bamboo roots when they get big enough. Thats why they are a pest in rice fields. They eat the roots of the rice crops.

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 12, 2009
        --- In triopsforever@yahoogroups.com, "avidspetshop" <avidspetshop@...> wrote:

        > I just got some eggs and was about to start my first tank of triops.
        > I'm excited, they look so cute! Here's my question though, I've got a
        > sprig of bamboo with algae growing on it, and lots of roots... Since
        > triops eat algae would this be good to put in with them- and they can
        > swim and play on the roots? Or would this be bad, I don't know if
        > triops or bamboo are dangerous to each other. Not going to start them
        > until I can make sure their home is happy and safe :3
        >hi, have no idea about bamboo and what affect it may have on your triops but I have
        bought a mossball for mine, which makes the tank more interesting, is great food for the
        triops and is good for keeping the algae down and promotes a healthy tank. I got it from
        Cornish crispa and it had been reviewed by a triops owner who highly recommended
        them. As yet my little ones are still in the nursery but I have noticed that the water
        appears to be clearer and the algae that had made a small appearance has disappeared
        in the main part of the tank.