Re: [Triops Forever] Re: Yeast

  • AJ
    Message 1 of 22 , Aug 31, 2008
      Ooooo! Do tell ASAP, Stuart!

      xo,

      AJ

      On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 3:58 PM, Stuart Halliday <stuart@...>wrote:

      > I'm currently researching a new commercial food that is a good
      > potential replacement for Infusoria or Yeast.
      >
      > If it works, then it may mean no more Detritus and a far better
      > success rate for hatchings. :-)

    • itzthor
      Message 2 of 22 , Aug 31, 2008
        Has anyone tried recently hatched Triops vinegar eels? I have a
        regular supply on hand for feeding my fry.

        When they get big enough I have daphnia to feed them. I also have
        bucket for rain water collection that are doing well for breeding
        masquito larvae and blood worms as well as some sort of water beetle
        I have yet to identify, but my bettas love them.

        I've feed my naupoli fry food and egg yoke in the past. But if
        vinegar eels will work it will help to keep their tank much cleaner.

        --- In triopsforever@yahoogroups.com, Stuart Halliday <stuart@...>
        wrote:

        > I believe sawyer7271 wrote this email section below:
        >
        > > > Does anyone know if triops can eat Saccharomyces cerevisiae?
        > > > Its a type of fungi commonly known as 'bakers yeast'.
        > > > That would have been easier to say.
        > > > Some people don't know what it is so they think you are crazy
        > > feed your seamonkeys or triops yeast.
        >
        > I'm currently researching a new commercial food that is a good
        > potential replacement for Infusoria or Yeast.
        >
        > If it works, then it may mean no more Detritus and a far better
        > success rate for hatchings. :-)
        >
        > --
        > Stuart Halliday
        > http://mytriops.com/
        > 200 Million years in the making...

      • Eric GALLERNE
        Message 3 of 22 , Sep 3 11:16 PM
          Hello All !
          I use successfully since some years now a very good product for triops
          nauplii which is called Roti-rich and made by Florida Aqua Farms.
          Liquid form is good but more perishable, as powder form can be kept a long
          time and then mixed with water for use.
          I works well with any branchiopods pure or mixed with dry chlorella
          powder.
          For triops when they become to be about 1 cm (with tail), I replace it
          with spirunlina powder.
          When they are adult stage, I use quite only fish food, first small
          particles and then bigger ones.
          Bye

          This e-mail and any attachment are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please telephone or email the sender and delete this message and any attachment from your system. Unauthorized publication, use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail and its associated attachments is strictly prohibited.

          http://disclaimer.carrefour.com/

          Let's respect the environment together. Only print this message if necessary

        • Andrew Rosenbaum
          Message 4 of 22 , Sep 4 1:54 PM
            Hi,
            Can this products be found in Australia?
            Whats in it?
            I'm raising some cool fish called killifish nothobranchius and their eggs can be dried out and the eggs go into several stages of dispause but different things let the eggs go past these stages of dispause.
            I hatched some on accident. I was hoping for some to hatch within a few weeks or to not hatch at all! They usually hatch within 3-12 hours but I managed to hatch them in 45 minutes..................................................................................................................
            Now I don't have any fry food as I wasn't expecting this to happen so I just get some triops food and dissolve it in the water and use that as liquid fry food.

            They take 1-4 months to go through the dispause naturally but if you do some stuff to them then they can hatch after 14 days! Apparently I was doing that for a while without noticing until after the hatch when I watched a video on their egg development.

[...]

            Win a MacBook Air or iPod touch with Yahoo!7. http://au.docs.yahoo.com/homepageset

          • itzthor
            Message 5 of 22 , Sep 5 11:31 AM
              Roti-rich is great. That's what I use for my daphnia. When I feed
              them I suck out some of it before it gets too diluted and put it in
              with my baby Triops. I'm also giving them vinegar eels. They seem to
              be thriving so far.

              --- In triopsforever@yahoogroups.com, Eric GALLERNE
              <eric_gallerne@...> wrote:

              > Hello All !
              > I use successfully since some years now a very good product for
              triops
              > nauplii which is called Roti-rich and made by Florida Aqua Farms.
              > Liquid form is good but more perishable, as powder form can be kept
              a long
              > time and then mixed with water for use.
              > I works well with any branchiopods pure or mixed with dry chlorella
              > powder.
              > For triops when they become to be about 1 cm (with tail), I replace
              it
              > with spirunlina powder.
              > When they are adult stage, I use quite only fish food, first small
              > particles and then bigger ones.
              > Bye
              >

              > This e-mail and any attachment are confidential and intended solely
              for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not
              the intended recipient, please telephone or email the sender and
              publication, use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of
              this e-mail and its associated attachments is strictly prohibited.

              > http://disclaimer.carrefour.com/
              >
              > Let's respect the environment together. Only print this message if
              necessary

            • Stuart Halliday
              Message 6 of 22 , Sep 7 2:38 PM
                I believe AJ wrote this email section below:

                > Ooooo! Do tell ASAP, Stuart!

                I'm waiting for the item to be delivered from across the world.
                Should take about 2-3 weeks.

                I'll be revealing all on my web site if it indeed works.