Coldest triops

  • Andrew Rosenbaum
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 1, 2008
      Hey

      Does anyone know what species the triops that can survive in cold temperatures below 15 degrees celcius?

      I think it is white.

      I think that Don has some.

      www.yahoo7.com.au/mail

    • Andrew Rosenbaum
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 3, 2008
        Does anyone have triops arcticus? I think thats the name........
        the triops that live in really, really, really, really, really cold water

        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 3, 2008
          Some triops can stand temp below 15° C but occasionnaly.
          This is not the best temperature for triops, which is beetween 18 and 28°
          C.
          For example, longicaudatus can stand in adult form temperatures around 10°
          C, for example during the nights.
          Cancriformis can stand temp down to 5° C.
          However, the cold temp species are the lepidurus and not the triops.
          I raised lepidurus apus and freezing is a good event for cysts hatching...

          This e-mail and any attachment are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please telephone or email the sender and delete this message and any attachment from your system. Unauthorized publication, use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail and its associated attachments is strictly prohibited.

          http://disclaimer.carrefour.com/

          Let's respect the environment together. Only print this message if necessary

        • Stuart Halliday
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 5, 2008
            I believe Andrew Rosenbaum wrote this email section below:

            > Hey
            >
            > Does anyone know what species the triops that can survive in cold
            > temperatures below 15 degrees celcius?

            It's Lepidurus arcticus in Svalbard/Norway,etc.. I was told by a professor
            collecting specimens that they found them in water at 4-7C.

            http://mytriops.com/articles/triops_species2.stm#Lepidurus_arcticus

            --
            Stuart Halliday
            http://mytriops.com/
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 5, 2008
              I think that is a bad link Stuart, I couldn't get it to work

              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 5, 2008
                Do you know any others that like very low temperatures?
                I already knew L. Arcticus. Its the most obvious.

                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 6, 2008
                  I believe Don Dasis wrote this email section below:

                  > I think that is a bad link Stuart, I couldn't get it to work

                  Yes it was. But not by me.

                  If someone like me posts to YahooGroups in plain ordinary text, Yahoo adds a
                  screwed up HTML code version.

                  If you view HTML in emails then this is what YahooGroup is really
                  representing to you.

                  See the 4 extra <wbr> tags it put in?
                  Some email programs think <wbr> should be shown as a space, when in fact it
                  should be shown as a null character. ie nothing.

                  Thunderbird in 'Simple HTML view' makes <wbr> a space (stupid program). I've
                  raised a bug report about this and Thunderbird users need to either use
                  'Original HTML' view or plain text when viewing any YahooGroups postings.

                  See http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=667355

                  The other bug fix is to add the wbr tag to your advanced configuration.
                  Find "mailnews.display.html_sanitizer.allowed_tags" and add wbr to the rest
                  already in there.

                  If you're using a Yahoo or other email program, then you need to speak to
                  Yahoo and tell them about this bug. As I said it only happens when people
                  post to Yahoo using plain-old fashion text.
                  Yahoo's HTML machine then screws up the URLs.

                  I suspect it adds wbr all over the place for those people using hand-held
                  devices as wbr is a wordbreak tag. It should only break up the display not
                  the hyperlinks.
                  But when people quote it, or try to click on it, their web page launcher
                  reads the <wbr> in the URL and is screwed up.

                  (Yes I could post in HTML, but why should I? It's unnecessary and doubles
                  the size of the emails I sent.)

                  So view the link in plain text or copy and paste it to a web browser and
                  remove the extra characters.

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 8, 2008
                    Thanks for the IT lesson Stuart, putting links in messages always
                    seems to be a problem but there still seems to be something wrong with
                    your website, I get this message:

                    Hello there. This is a special page just for you.
                    MyTriops doesn't trust your Internet Provider, so sorry but we're not
                    letting you into our site.

                    There is no point in emailing us either as your email address will be
                    barred as well.

                    Goodbye.

                    But if I use an anonymizer like The-cloak.com I can get right in and
                    everything works fine, so you might want to check to see what is going
                    on.

                    D.
                  • Stuart Halliday
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 8, 2008
                      I believe Don Dasis wrote this email section below:

                      > Thanks for the IT lesson Stuart, putting links in messages always
                      > seems to be a problem but there still seems to be something wrong with
                      > your website, I get this message:
                      >
                      > Hello there. This is a special page just for you.
                      > MyTriops doesn't trust your Internet Provider, so sorry but we're not
                      > letting you into our site.
                      >
                      > There is no point in emailing us either as your email address will be
                      > barred as well.
                      >
                      > Goodbye.
                      >
                      > But if I use an anonymizer like The-cloak.com I can get right in and
                      > everything works fine, so you might want to check to see what is going
                      > on.

                      Give me a date and time and I can examine my logs.

                      Been having hackers recently.

                      Message 10 of 10 , Jul 8, 2008
                        > Give me a date and time and I can examine my logs.
                        >
                        > Been having hackers recently.

                        Ok Tuesday July 8th 6:00 P.M. CST get this message:

                        Hello there. This is a special page just for you.
                        MyTriops doesn't trust your Internet Provider, so sorry but we're not
                        letting you into our site.

                        There is no point in emailing us either as your email address will be
                        barred as well.

                        Goodbye.

                        In the web page header it says Mytriops 403 error page.