Conditioning bag

  • brigittecherubini
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 13 12:06 PM
      Just what is inside these conditioning bags that come in the Triops
      box? Are there some sort of microoganism? Does anyone know specifically?
    • Andrew Rosenbaum
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 16 11:52 PM
        I don't know really.
        It depends on what it says to do.
        Some conditioners contain chlorine and chloramoine nutrilizers.
        Some buffer the pH level to 7.

        I don't need conditioners because I just use pure water free of chlorine and chloramine and they have a pH of 7-8

        Just what is inside these conditioning bags that come in the Triops
        box? Are there some sort of microoganism? Does anyone know specifically?

        www.yahoo7.com.au/mail

      • Andrew Rosenbaum
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 25 11:33 PM
          Whose the Youngest Member in our group?

          I just turned 13.

          Does red sand contain iron?

          Is it possible to create a new species of triops in your own home?

          My algae turned black when it was iscolated and when I put a few tablets containing iron. Its still a live and growing..........I think............

          Is Iron good for triops?

          Can I breed a triops that can either withstand heat above 30 degrees celcius or below 20 celceus or can live in salt water or grow strong swimmerlets to flop on land or survive in high mineral diluted water or low pH level water or minorly chlorinated water or fully nocturnal or low pigmentation or a very big triops or mud skipper triops or triops that can make noise!?

          I'm bored

          www.yahoo7.com.au/mail

        • dwibo
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 26 11:02 AM
            --- In triopsforever@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Rosenbaum
            <andrewjfrosenbaum579@...> wrote:

            > Whose the Youngest Member in our group?
            >
            > I just turned 13.
            >
            > Does red sand contain iron?
            >
            > Is it possible to create a new species of triops in your own home?
            >
            > My algae turned black when it was iscolated and when I put a few
            tablets containing iron. Its still a live and growing..........I
            think............

            > Is Iron good for triops?
            >
            > Can I breed a triops that can either withstand heat above 30 degrees
            celcius or below 20 celceus or can live in salt water or grow strong
            swimmerlets to flop on land or survive in high mineral diluted water
            or low pH level water or minorly chlorinated water or fully nocturnal
            or low pigmentation or a very big triops or mud skipper triops or
            triops that can make noise!?

            > I'm bored
            >

            > Get the name you always wanted with the new y7mail email address.
            > www.yahoo7.com.au/mail

            Well, Andrew, than you are probably the youngest member. I'm 23.

            Red sand could contain iron, though if it is from desert, it's not
            very likely.
            Iron is categorised as a heavy metal and is therefore poisonous to
            invertebrates (and for other organisms if it's present in larger
            quantities), just like copper but a little less toxic.

            Breeding a like you listed is a little extreme thing to do. They might
            evolve into one of those forms over a few million years, but in
            shorter time that's just not possible. Imagine all the modifications
            the organism shoul made to become like that. So no, it isn't possible.
            Well, maybee with some heavy genetic manipulations, but that is very
            expensive and difficult thing to do.
          • AJ
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 26 11:04 AM
              Well, I just turned 40, but emotionally, I'm still only 12. So I win! ;-)

              xo,

              AJ

              On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 1:33 AM, Andrew Rosenbaum <
              andrewjfrosenbaum579@...> wrote:

              > Whose the Youngest Member in our group?
              >
              > I just turned 13.

            • Andrew Rosenbaum
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 28 2:43 PM
                When was my first post on the triopsforever group?
                I'm Andrew

                3 triops have died last week but the rest are still alive.
                I think I hatched one at the beginning of March.

                That's a 3 1/2 month old triops!

                And does anyone know if the Hawkesberry river in NSW Australia freshwater of salt water.
                I found some pistol shrimp, small crabs and water snails while bush walking across the river bed.
                I want to add the snails in the triops tank but I don't know if they will survive.
                The snails don't seem to like the water in their bottle and have climbed to the top of the bottle.

                And what are Teeny Weeny Winkles?
                Are they both fresh water and salt water snails?

                I'm not adding the shrimp or the crabs because they will eat my triops.

                www.yahoo7.com.au/mail

              • Stuart Halliday
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 4, 2008
                  I believe AJ wrote this email section below:

                  > Well, I just turned 40, but emotionally, I'm still only 12. So I win! ;-)

                  I know what you mean. I'm 48 this year!

                  --
                  Stuart Halliday
                  http://mytriops.com/