Re: [Triops Forever] RIP

  • Stuart Halliday
    Message 1 of 2 , May 9 1:01 PM
      I believe Jo Ann wrote this email section below:
      > Awoke to find 3 of 4 triops dead-including the one with aloe.
      > As I hadn't used art sand or calcium yet, I'm inclined to
      > place the blame on moving the container closer to the kitchen
      > just prior to frying some protein for dinner. i think the slightly
      > greasy smoke may have been a big factor since they were all fine prior
      > to the move. I'll be sure to exclude this location error in
      > future triop rearing.

      Oh dear.

      The lack of oxygen getting into the water due to the oil layer wouldn't have
      helped.

      I once put in a piece of packing foam into a internal filter.

      The result 12 hours later - all my Triops were dead.

      A chemist I knew told me packing foam is covered with flame retardant
      chemicals which would have leaked into the water.

      We live and learn.

      --
      Stuart Halliday
      http://mytriops.com/