Re: [Triops Forever] 1st time with triops

  • Brooke Kootoo
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 2006
      i had some triops of my on and there is one thing that can help them grow is you see the stuff on the top take a spoon and scoop it of

      from kiki

      Stuart Halliday <stuart@...> wrote:
      I believe bty44356082 wrote this email section below:
      > It has been 3 days now and my sons triops have not hatched.I have them
      > under a 40w blub.when they do hatch are they white and around 2/3cm
      > long.

      The eggs are 1mm wide not 2cm wide! :-)

      > please can someone get back to and give my son and myself some
      > hints and tips for rising and breeding.
      > Thank you lots
      > Sharan

      http://mytriops.com/articles/quick_setup.stm ?

      Read the FAQs too. :-)

      http://mytriops.com/articles/faq1.stm

      --
      Stuart Halliday
      http://mytriops.com/

      ---------------------------------

    • Stuart Halliday
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 2, 2006
        I believe Brooke Kootoo wrote this email section below:
        > i had some triops of my on and there is one thing that can help them grow
        > is you see the stuff on the top take a spoon and scoop it of
        >
        > from kiki

        Sorry?

        --
        Stuart Halliday
        http://mytriops.com/
        200 Million years in the making...
      • Me
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 6, 2006
          --- In triopsforever@yahoogroups.com, Brooke Kootoo
          <brookekootoo@y...> wrote:

          > i had some triops of my on and there is one thing that can help them
          grow is you see the stuff on the top take a spoon and scoop it of

          Is this person talking about the slightly iridescent protein scum
          which can form on the water surface? It inhibits gas exchange on the
          water's surface so it must be removed. A paper towel dabbed on the
          water surface will also help remove the proteins.