exo petz

  • jennyrolfe
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1 3:15 AM
      i just brought a kit for 'exo petz' off ebay cause it sounded
      interesting, i recieved thousands of eggs, some food and some water
      conditioner. i was a bit confused cause i thought it was some kind of
      triops but the water conditoner would make salt water so i asked the
      person selling and this is the reply i recieved:

      sorry you got the wrong impression they are actualy neither triop or
      seamonkey this is a totaly new strain of instant pet developed by me
      over 3
      years i am a biolagy graduate and this was my final study i hope to
      go more wide
      spread this year i have approched many toy companys and one
      inparticular seem
      very keen (they have a long necked mascot) i am using ebay as a sales
      test bed
      to see reaction to the product and so far not one complaint !! you
      will need the
      water purifier and just so that you know standard triops or Triops
      longicaudatus
      canot be raised in salt water but there is a strain not publicly
      available that
      dose the only diference we found was The longicaudatusauralas (the
      odd one) is
      characterized by a primary tagmosis consisting of heat, thorax, and
      abdomen
      although the derived condition of cephalothorax and abdomen is more
      common.
      Eight is the maximum number of thoracic segments where as
      longicaudatus have
      been known to have anything up to 12 !!! hope i havent bored you to
      death
      hope this clears up confusion and not made things worse
      regards Tristan Davis

      does this make any sense to anyone? the instructions which came with
      the kit seemed to be part sea monkey part triops instructions.

      jenny
    • Maverynthia
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1 8:53 AM
        > does this make any sense to anyone? the instructions which came with
        > the kit seemed to be part sea monkey part triops instructions.

        It wouldn't be those new fairy shrimp that were discovered would it? They look like a
        de-shelled triop.

        Pity you can only buy Exopets in the UK...

        Maverynthia
      • Stuart Halliday
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1 11:15 AM
          In message <d2jafo+orgt@...>
          "jennyrolfe" <rolfejenny@...> wrote:

          > i just brought a kit for 'exo petz' off ebay cause it sounded
          > interesting, i recieved thousands of eggs, some food and some water
          > conditioner. i was a bit confused cause i thought it was some kind of
          > triops but the water conditoner would make salt water so i asked the
          > person selling and this is the reply i recieved:

          Yip. These are a kind of sea monkey regardless of what he says.

          Did the ebay page say they were Triops?

          Last time I looked at one of these exopetz sales it was pretty clear these
          were not Triops.

          He should tell you the species though otherwise all this guff about this
          being a 'test bed' sounds to me like a load of rubbish.

          Also there are legal reasons why he should be stating more accurately what
          he is selling.

          > sorry you got the wrong impression they are actualy neither triop or
          > seamonkey this is a totaly new strain of instant pet developed by me
          > over 3 years i am a biolagy graduate and this was my final study i

          Right, he has created life. Is his name really Dr. Frankenstein Junior?

          > hope to go more wide spread this year i have approched many toy
          > companys and one inparticular seem very keen (they have a long
          > necked mascot) i am using ebay as a sales test bed to see reaction
          > to the product and so far not one complaint !!

          Well, he can't say that any longer can he? ;-)

          > you will need the
          > water purifier and just so that you know standard triops or Triops
          > longicaudatus canot be raised in salt water but there is a strain not
          > publicly available that dose the only diference we found was The
          > longicaudatusauralas (the odd one) is characterized by a primary
          > tagmosis consisting of heat, thorax, and abdomen although the
          > derived condition of cephalothorax and abdomen is more common.

          What is he on about?
          His english is terrible!

          If he is a biology student then I'm a nuclear scientist!
          Biology students in the UK have to have a high level of english....

          Here is a typical posting for others to read. Count the errors. ;-)

          EXO-PETZ
          A NEW BREED OF INSTANT PET !
          POSSIBLY THE MOST HARDY OF INSTANT PETS TO DATE
          You are looking at a totaly new product the EXO-PETZ
          reacently developed so win this auction and you will be one of the first
          members of the public to own and rear the little critters.
          YOU WILL RECIVE

          1: A PACK OF WATER PURIFIER CRYSTALS
          2: A LARGE QUANTITY OF EXO-PETZ CYSTS "EGGS"
          3: PROTEIN ENRICHED FEEDING FORMULA
          4: ONE PLASTIC FEEDING STICK
          5: EASY BUT IN DEPTH HATCHING, REARING AND FEEDING GUIDLINES

          The EXO-PETZ are losley related to the KNOWN AND LOVED "sea monkey" and
          cared for in much the same way, however once reared to adults you will see
          the difference in size and appearance and they seem to love to play more
          than the "sea monky" and are that much more resiliant MAKING THEM IDEAL
          FOR CHILDREN OF ALL AGES !!

          AND STUDENTS!!

          WE WOULD LIKE TO POINT OUT THAT THE EXO-PETZ ARE REAL LIVING CREATURES AND
          SHOULD BE TREATED ACCORDINGLY

          > Eight
          > is the maximum number of thoracic segments where as longicaudatus
          > have been known to have anything up to 12 !!! hope i havent bored you
          > to death hope this clears up confusion and not made things worse
          > regards Tristan Davis

          Waffle waffle! :-)

          > does this make any sense to anyone? the instructions which came with
          > the kit seemed to be part sea monkey part triops instructions.

          Without seeing a picture of the creature its kind of hard to tell what it
          is.

          Probably just a big Brine shrimp.

          I've asked this guy what species it is.
          Maybe he'll reply, maybe not?

          --
          Stuart Halliday
          http://mytriops.com/
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 6 1:21 AM
            well whatever they are they have hatched out now, i only used a tiny
            amount of the eggs he sent but it still seems pretty crowded. they look
            exactly like sea monkeys so far but have a slight orange/brown tint.

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 8 2:41 AM

              > well whatever they are they have hatched out now, i only used a tiny
              > amount of the eggs he sent but it still seems pretty crowded. they look
              > exactly like sea monkeys so far but have a slight orange/brown tint.

              Good. Keep us updated with their progress.

              Some pictures would be nice once they've grown.

              BTW, I've not had a reply from the guy.

              Hardly surprising isn't it?

              This group is the number one group on the Internet for discussing these
              types of creatures and he doesn't post here?

              Some bio student.... ;-)

              --
              Stuart Halliday
              http://mytriops.com/