Re: [Triops Forever] Fairy shrimp eggs

  • Mark H
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2003
      This is where I get them in the UK...

      http://www.netfysh.com/

      The description...
      "Fairy Shrimp Eggs

      Grow your own freshwater Fairy Shrimps (Pond Shrimp). They look
      like brine shrimp (Sea-Monkeys, Shrimp-Pets) but instead of living
      in saline (salt water) they are used to the freshwater of the vernal
      pools. They will live along side your Daphnia but will live inside
      (eg eaten up) by your goldfysh or Triops. The eggs come in detritus
      and remember you will also need Shrimp food to feed them with. They
      of course come with raising instructions."

      £1.35 per pack, very cheap! :)

      Mark :).

      --- In triopsforever@yahoogroups.com, "Barbara S. Johnson"
      <eduk8or@c...> wrote:
      > I had 3 Fairy Shrimp hatch from my Triops package. I also had 5
      clam shrim, 3 Triops and daphnia from that same package (the
      jackpot!). The reason you never got any is because maybe your Triops
      ate them. I put mine in a separate tank. Someone mentioned a man who
      sold Fairy Shrimp eggs, but I don't remember who- Joe maybe? Does
      anyone know?

      Service.

    • Barbara S. Johnson
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1, 2003
        How much is that in US dollars, do you know? Do they sell to the US?
        Barb :-)

        <eduk8or@c...> wrote:
        > I had 3 Fairy Shrimp hatch from my Triops package. I also had 5
        clam shrim, 3 Triops and daphnia from that same package (the
        jackpot!). The reason you never got any is because maybe your Triops
        ate them. I put mine in a separate tank. Someone mentioned a man who
        sold Fairy Shrimp eggs, but I don't remember who- Joe maybe? Does
        anyone know?
        > Barb :-)

        Service.

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Mark H
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 1, 2003
          About 2 US dollars a packet! And if they didn't I could always send
          them over Barb! :)

          <eduk8or@c...> wrote:
          > How much is that in US dollars, do you know? Do they sell to the
          US?
          > Barb :-)

          Service.

        • Barbara S. Johnson
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 1, 2003
            Is that where you are, Mark? The UK? Can you buy them in stores there? Thanks for the offer. I will look into it and I might take you up on your offer! :-) Thanks again!
            Barb :-)

            <eduk8or@c...> wrote:
            > How much is that in US dollars, do you know? Do they sell to the
            US?
            > Barb :-)

            Service.

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          • Mark H
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 1, 2003
              Sure am Barb, here in the sunny *cough I wish* UK! lol
              In the shops here they sell triops and brine shrimp in
              a "prehistoric" kit, the tank has 2 compartments, 1 for each. I mail
              order to a place here in the UK if I need eggs though. Luckily I
              have kept the triops going but will be ordering some fairy shrimp
              eggs soon.... so if the need be Barb, give me a yell and I will get
              some for you :).

              <eduk8or@c...> wrote:
              > Is that where you are, Mark? The UK? Can you buy them in stores
              there? Thanks for the offer. I will look into it and I might take
              you up on your offer! :-) Thanks again!
              > Barb :-)

              Service.