Day 23: A new hope

  • emucompboy
    Message 1 of 1276 , Nov 1, 2001
      All right, the previous bunch of triops larvae
      I'd placed in the shoebox all died.<br><br>Last night
      I tried again. Yesterday I bought a bunch of
      anacharis and a brick of "coconut bark expandable reptile
      substrate."<br><br>I rinsed off the anacharis in the shoebox with
      aquarium water, and left the rinse water (Maybe three
      quarts) in the shoebox. To that, I added a couple
      spoonfuls of coconut bark which had been soaked for about
      20 minutes and rinsed, again with aquarium water.
      Then I rescued about 25 triops larvae from the big
      tank. I put the aquarium light over the
      shoebox.<br><br>It seems to have done the trick. There are a goodly
      number of live triops larvae -- beyond the nauplius
      stage -- in the shoebox. Some are showing a dark streak
      through the middle, which probably means they've been
      eating.<br><br>Oh, I should mention what was in the anacharis rinse
      water: A couple of worms; three dead snails of two
      species; one insect larva that looks sort of like a worm;
      one thing that might be an aquatic beetle; one thing
      that looks like an aquatic mite but could be something
      else. There was also some filamentous algae. I think
      the triops young have been eating some of
      goldfish bowl is also fine. I forgot to change the
      goldfish bowl water last night, so it is smelling pretty
      bad.
    • shyammurugan@ymail.com
      Message 1276 of 1276 , Jan 11, 2009
        Hello grimgrom. I had looked over some messages and came over
        your's. "VISIT MY TRIOPS SITE". So what is your website called?