Re: [trimedia] ICP vertically filtering and scaling problem?

  • Wim Van Halen_2
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2005
      Hi,

      sounds like the scan type of your source material is 'interlaced'. This
      means that the 2 fields that make the frame are shot at a different moment
      in time. When you apply "frame based vertical scaling", you are
      intermixing two different moments in time in the resulting fields/frames.
      This results in the artefacts you describe. The solution is to either 1)
      "field based vertical scaling" (=scaling the fields separately) or 2)
      deinterlace first and apply frame based scaling on the result. For the
      PNX1302, I recommend option 1.

      tmVpostIcp, an IADK component, has the option to either do field or frame
      based scaling.

      Regards,

      Wim van Halen
      MPTK (The Media Processing Tool Kit for TriMedia)

      Philips Applied Technologies - Leuven
      Building C, room 171
      Interleuvenlaan 74..82, B-3001 Heverlee, Belgium
      Tel: +32 16 394478, Fax: +32 16 390601, Email: Wim.van.Halen_2@...

      "junjian77" <junjian77@...>
      Sent by:
      trimedia@yahoogroups.com
      Please respond to trimedia

      To: trimedia@yahoogroups.com
      cc: (bcc: Wim Van Halen_2/LEU/PDSL/PHILIPS)
      Subject: [trimedia] ICP vertically filtering and scaling
      problem?
      Classification:

      Hi, erveyone.
      I meet a problem about ICP vertically filtering and scaling. My
      application runs on PNX1302 with SDE 2.1.My application wants to
      capture video from VI and down-scale these frames from 720*576 4:2:2 to
      720*480 4:2:0.So I use ICP. But the result frames are distorted at the
      vertical edges of moving objects. I tried down scale these frames to
      720*288,and it works well. Could anybody tell me why?Thanks a lot.

      Sent via the TriMedia mailing list
      trimedia@yahoogroups.com - archive at
      Yahoo! Groups Links