Processing during DMA

  • a2folens
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 6, 2002
      Hi group,

      is it possible to process data during a DMA transfer ?
      Normally, I write:

      Status = dmaDispatch(DMAInstance, request);

      if(Status != statusSuccess)
      {...}

      while(!request->done){}

      Is it possible to process data instead of writing that while-loop ?
      (so the DMA happens parallel with other calculations ...)
    • harm.verhagen@philips.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 6, 2002
        yes,
        that's the idea behind DMA :)

        I guess the easiest way is to just use
        request->mode = dmaSynchronous;
        Status = dmaDispatch(DMAInstance, request);

        This way the caller gets scheduled out untill the DMA request completes.

        Kind regards,
        Harm

        Ir. H.J. Verhagen (Harm)

        "a2folens" <a2folens@...>
        03/06/02 05:42 PM
        Please respond to trimedia

        To: trimedia@yahoogroups.com
        cc: (bcc: Harm Verhagen/EHV/SC/PHILIPS)
        Subject: [trimedia] Processing during DMA
        Classification:

        Hi group,

        is it possible to process data during a DMA transfer ?
        Normally, I write:

        Status = dmaDispatch(DMAInstance, request);

        if(Status != statusSuccess)
        {...}

        while(!request->done){}

        Is it possible to process data instead of writing that while-loop ?
        (so the DMA happens parallel with other calculations ...)

        Sent via the TriMedia mailing list
        trimedia@onelist.com