y.a. autonomous boot problem

  • Sukandar Kartadinata
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2000
      Dear Group.
      I know this has come up a couple of times before, but even with your
      working.

      I use a slightly modified version of the autonomous boot example.
      CPU:MEM ratio is 1:1
      GNT# has been tied to REQ# and alternatively to Gnd
      IDSEL# has been tied to Vcc via 4k7 and alternatively to Gnd

      L1 code works OK, copying L2 from NAND Flash to SDRAM via the SSI

      L2 code works, IF the card is plugged into the host's PCI bus (!), but
      only for a few seconds until the BIOS gets a grip on the PCI (or
      whatever...).
      L2 does not work with the card on the table, powered from a standard
      power supply

      so it looks like it's got to do with the PCI
      of course Bit 7 of serial EEPROM Byte #9 is set for autonomous boot.
      I also tried enabling the XIO with the XIO_CTL.enable Bit (hoping to
      disable the PCI this way..??!?)

      as we don't the PCI nor the XIO I would prefer to shut the whole thing
      down completely, however I couldn't figure out if there's a Bit to do
      so.

      ???

      thanks
      Sukandar