Re: [trimedia] Pwm (pulse width modulation) signal generating

  • Alfred Lee
    Message 1 of 5 , May 12, 2006
      The GPIO has the capability to generate bit patterns using DMA
      without CPU involvement except for setup. Search for the
      tmdlGpioFifoInstanceSetup () in NDK for example useage.

      Best Regards,
      Alfred Lee

      Message 2 of 5 , May 23, 2006
        Any unused GPIO pins can be used to generate PWM signals.
        Appropriately arranged signal generation would have little impact on
        the performance of PNX.

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 4 12:52 PM
          --- In trimedia@yahoogroups.com, "Hasan" <hasan.sedan@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > Is it recommended that generating PWM signal(~30kHz) with PNX1500
          > continuously to control TFT-LCD brightness ? I don't want to use small
          > uController for this purpose, but this situation may any effefct on
          > performance of PNX?
          >
          > Thank you for help..

          Did you ever implement this? We are looking at some cost savings measures and would like to eliminate an external MCU which is only used for the LCD LED brightness.

          Thanks,
          George
        • Chuck Peplinski
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 4 1:41 PM
            Assuming the resources aren't already in use, it should be easy to do
            this on a PNX.
            Set up a GPIO pin in signal generation mode. Fill a buffer with the
            pattern you want. Set the clock as necessary and let the DMA shift out
            the bit pattern.

            Chuck

            Chuck Peplinski
            Media Processing Software Architect for PNX1500/PNX1700/PNX1005
            TriMedia Tech Support for NXP Semiconductors www.TCSHelp.com
            TriMedian at MDS www.mds.com