Resources for Mexican Sign Language

  • Brandon Dockery
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 2, 2012
      Do any of you have any good books, websites or resources that you recommend for Mexican sign langauge?

      Thanks,
      Brandon Dockery, NIC Master
      Knoxville, TN
    • Mathew Call
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 2, 2012
        Here's the best resource of all, a personal tutor! His name is Pedro Amezcua (pgam55@...). The dude is Deaf and quadrilingual, very amazing. He is available for individual lessons through video/webcam! Feel free to contact him!

        Mathew Call, B.S., NIC, Ed:K-12
        ASL/Spanish/English Interpreter & Translator
        Sacramento, California

        On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 14:05, Brandon Dockery <bdockeryasl@...> wrote:

        Do any of you have any good books, websites or resources that you recommend for Mexican sign langauge?

        Thanks,
        Brandon Dockery, NIC Master
        Knoxville, TN

      • Kristie Casanova
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 3, 2012
          Brandon, I agree with Mathew- it's hard to beat a personal tutor. When I was living in Mexico I met Edgar Sanabria Ramos and we began classes (in person at first and later through Skype). He is fourth generation Deaf, so he was able to provide a historical perspective I found fascinating when explaining certain signs or linguistic patterns. What he charges per hour is roughly 35 dollars, I believe. Well worth it, too. Here's his email: sanabriae10@...
          (be sure to email him in Spanish. He knows ASL but he does not read English).
          best of luck!
          Kristie Casanova de Canales
          Sent from my iPhone
        • Sergio Pena
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 3, 2012
            Send me a personal e-mail and will send you a biographical list.
            Adios y Saludos!
            Sergio Peña, BA, RID:NIC, CONOCER:LSM
            ASL><ENGLISH><LSM><SPANISH
          • Lidia Anorga
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 4, 2012
              I wud like a list too please! My email deafjrt@.... Y muchisimas gracias

              Lidia & the L's with 1 T.

              On Mar 3, 2012, at 6:16 PM, Sergio Pena <sergiolsm@...> wrote:

              Send me a personal e-mail and will send you a biographical list.
              Adios y Saludos!
              Sergio Peña, BA, RID:NIC, CONOCER:LSM
              ASL><ENGLISH><LSM><SPANISH

            • Brandon Dockery
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 5, 2012
                Thanks for the suggestions.  A deaf associate of mine was asking.  I think he was looking for something with pictures, but I'll pass along what you told me.  And I'll hang on to it myself for later!  haha  I spent a few weeks in Mexico a few years ago and picked up quite a bit.  I don't encounter it much in East Tennessee, so I've forgotten most of what I learned.

                Thanks!
                Brandon

                On Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 9:10 AM, Lidia Anorga <DeafJRT@...> wrote:

                I wud like a list too please! My email deafjrt@.... Y muchisimas gracias

                Lidia & the L's with 1 T.

                On Mar 3, 2012, at 6:16 PM, Sergio Pena <sergiolsm@...> wrote:

                Send me a personal e-mail and will send you a biographical list.
                Adios y Saludos!
                Sergio Peña, BA, RID:NIC, CONOCER:LSM
                ASL><ENGLISH><LSM><SPANISH

              • Mathew Call
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 5, 2012
                  That would be just learning vocab. Important but incomplete.

                  On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 13:08, Brandon Dockery <bdockeryasl@...> wrote:

                  Thanks for the suggestions.  A deaf associate of mine was asking.  I think he was looking for something with pictures, but I'll pass along what you told me.  And I'll hang on to it myself for later!  haha  I spent a few weeks in Mexico a few years ago and picked up quite a bit.  I don't encounter it much in East Tennessee, so I've forgotten most of what I learned.

                  Thanks!
                  Brandon

                  On Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 9:10 AM, Lidia Anorga <DeafJRT@...> wrote:

                  I wud like a list too please! My email deafjrt@.... Y muchisimas gracias

                  Lidia & the L's with 1 T.

                  On Mar 3, 2012, at 6:16 PM, Sergio Pena <sergiolsm@...> wrote:

                  Send me a personal e-mail and will send you a biographical list.
                  Adios y Saludos!
                  Sergio Peña, BA, RID:NIC, CONOCER:LSM
                  ASL><ENGLISH><LSM><SPANISH

                • Sendy Medina