Bulletin! - Your Help Needed Now To Defeat Ceded Lands Bill

  • Free Hawai`i
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 12, 2008
      Bulletin! - Your Help Needed Now To Defeat Ceded Lands Bill BULLETIN! - BACK DOOR DEALING CONTINUES WITH CEDED LANDS BILL

      Your Help Needed Now To Defeat This Bill

      Private dealing continues between the Office Of Hawaiian Affairs and the Hawai`i legislature on the ceded lands bill.

      Despite overwhelming constituent outcry against it and the senate killing the bill, representative Kirk Caldwell and OHA are busy manufacturing support and calling for a conference to discuss it, HB1201.

      Here are conference members -
      Senator Kokubun -
      senkokubun@... (808) 586-6760
      Senator Baker -
      senbaker@... (808) 586-6070
      Senator English -
      senenglish@... (808) 587-7225
      Senator Hee -
      senhee@... (808) 586-7330
      Senator Slom -
      senslom@... (808) 586-8420
      Senator Hanabusa -
      senhanabusa@... (808) 586-7793
      Senator Tokuda -
      sentokuda@... (808) 587-7215
      Representative Ito -
      repito@... (808) 586-8470
      Representative Ward -
      repward@... (808) 586-6420
      Representative Say -
      repsay@... (808) 586-6100
      Representative Karamatsu -
      repkaramatsu@... (808) 586-8490

      Contact those listed above and let them know any measure pertaining to the Ceded Land Settlement is unacceptable and should not be passed.

      You, your family, and friends can make a critical difference.

      Neighbor islands residents call the following toll free -
      Hawai`i - 974-4000
      Kaua`i - 274-3141
      Maui - 984-2400
      Molokai / Lana`i - (800) 468-4644

      Here's a sample message to send them -

      Aloha mai,

      I am contacting you to help kill HB 1201.

      I believe that the disputed matters pertaining to the Ceded Lands can be resolved in a fair, just, and honest manner.

      But the legislation OHA is suggesting is not legitimate.

      Once the Settlement Agreement is nullified, I support 1) a full and complete inventory of the Ceded Lands, 2) an audit of all gross revenues generated by the Ceded Lands, 3) beneficiary consultation with all stakeholders, and 4) an OHA audit.

      Please vote "NO" on HB1201.

      Mahalo,
      Your Name
      City, State