In last 7 days
- New Members
- New Messages
- New Photos
Announcements, discussions and news relevant to the Carolina Space Frontier Society, the merger of the Triangle area (Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill, NC) chapters of National Space Society and Mars Society.
The Carolina Space Frontier Society (formerly the Triangle Space Society) is a friendly grassroots educational & scientific nonprofit organization, dedicated to the creation of a true spacefaring civilization.
We promote the exploration, development and settlement of outer space, with the myriad attendant benefits for Humanity, Earth, and all her passengers.
Our vision is to have people living and working in thriving communities beyond the earth.
Our mission is to promote change in social, technical, economic, and political conditions to advance the day when people will live and work in space.
- Increase public understanding of how space exploration and development result in scientific, technical, social and economic benefits that improve the earth environment and the quality of life on earth.
- Develop and encourage private sector investment in space and related activities.
- Support technical, economic, social and political activities that expand the human presence in space, especially beyond earth orbit.
- Begin the path to living, working and exploring throughout the solar system and beyond.
- Provide a local setting for person-to-person interaction and general socializing with like-minded individuals to help achieve these goals.
We encourage anyone to join who has interests in science, technology, outer space, etc.
Currently, our scheduled meeting is at 7:30 P.M. on the 3rd Tuesday of every month. No set meeting location; call or write for details.
Reach Brian (our VP): 919 (dash) 439 (dash) 2004, or bdmc (at) bdmcc-us (dot) com
- Space Exploration
- Apr 10, 2001
- This is a public group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership does not require approval.
- Messages from new members require approval.
- All members can post messages.